Calling Tau Ceti
A song keeps running through my head, the theme song from StarshipSofa “Calling Tau Ceti” a c&w style song about a lonely spaceship builder, calling out through space.
For so many years glum rock by Keane and Coldplay seemed to echo the hurt in my marriage, the sense of disintegration out of my control. Now it’s a song about reaching out to others.
At work today I thought about what I would have been doing when the kids were leaving home if I were still married-
Being concerned about ageing parents -
Regaining my fitness-
Trying to write-
Going to theatre
Watching films
Reading books.
Travelling.
I am still doing all those things. I’m not being encouraged by “the love of my life”,nor am I devoting time to supporting his hopes and dreams.. It’s now about finding time and energy to do all those things, making the most of my days off, taking care of myself on work days. No change there either!!
KEEP GOING!
For so many years glum rock by Keane and Coldplay seemed to echo the hurt in my marriage, the sense of disintegration out of my control. Now it’s a song about reaching out to others.
At work today I thought about what I would have been doing when the kids were leaving home if I were still married-
Being concerned about ageing parents -
Regaining my fitness-
Trying to write-
Going to theatre
Watching films
Reading books.
Travelling.
I am still doing all those things. I’m not being encouraged by “the love of my life”,nor am I devoting time to supporting his hopes and dreams.. It’s now about finding time and energy to do all those things, making the most of my days off, taking care of myself on work days. No change there either!!
KEEP GOING!
Comments
Post a Comment